Wisconsin Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
- For Questions or feedback please fill out the form at the bottom of this page and we will contact you.
445 Easterday Ln.
Madison, WI 53706
*Saturday Hours (9 am – 1 pm): WVDL’s Madison location will be open 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. to receive samples. In-person drop offs, couriers, Fed Ex and UPS will be accepted. Also use this time to pick up supplies, media and testing kits. Call (608) 890-1548 (Saturday only) during these hours if you need to contact a staff member.
- Normal Business Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F; Closed Sunday & Holidays
- Saturday Hours: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (Sample Receiving ONLY)
- Phone: 608-262-5432
- Toll Free: 800-608-8387
- Saturday Sample Receiving: 608-890-1548
- Fax: 608-504-2594
1521 E. Guy Ave.
Barron, WI 54812
- Normal Business Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F; Closed Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays
- Phone: 715-637-3151
- Toll Free: 800-771-8387
- Fax: 715-449-5052
NOTE: WVDL no longer accepts ANY SMALL ANIMAL necropsy cases after hours. All bodies sent to the WVDL for pathology services MUST arrive prior to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday (no weekend deliveries possible). Please call ahead if arrival will be after 4:00 on those days or if there is a delay in transit so lab personnel can plan accordingly. WVDL regrets that we are no longer able to provide this after-hours option. Please contact us if you have questions regarding this change in service.
AFTER HOURS: The pathology out of hours phone 608-444-8912 is answered until 8pm on business days and 8am to 8pm on weekends and holidays. Please feel free to leave a message on this phone. In an animal health emergency, please see below for DATCP contact information:
- Monday-Friday 7:45am-4:30pm: 608-224-4872
- After Hours: 1-800-943-0003
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UW VET CARE: Calls and inquires for other animal health emergencies, including emergency treatment of live animals can be directed to the School of Veterinary Medicine and the UW Veterinary Care 24/7 Emergency Services. (608) 263-7600
Specific inquiries can be sent to the email addresses listed below.
- email@example.com: Questions for billing, accounts, and business services
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Requests for testing supplies and UPS shipping labels
- email@example.com: All electronic submission forms and spreadsheets
- firstname.lastname@example.org: All general inquires, specific questions will be routed for expertise as appropriate