For Questions or feedback please fill out the form at the bottom of this page and we will contact you.
Madison, Wisconsin445 Easterday Ln.
Madison, WI 53706
*Saturday Hours (9 am – 1 pm): WVDL’s Madison location will be open 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. to receive samples. In-person drop offs, couriers, Fed Ex and UPS will be accepted. Also use this time to pick up supplies, media and testing kits. Call (608) 262-0591 (Saturday only) during these hours if you need to contact a staff member.
- Normal Business Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F; Closed Sunday & Holidays
- Saturday Hours: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (Sample Receiving ONLY)
- Phone: 608-262-5432
- Toll Free: 800-608-8387
- Saturday Sample Receiving: 608-262-0591
- Fax: 608-504-2594
Barron, Wisconsin1521 E. Guy Ave.
Barron, WI 54812
- Normal Business Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F; Closed Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays
- Phone: 715-637-3151
- Toll Free: 800-771-8387
- Fax: 715-449-5052
GENERAL SUBMISSION INFORMATION: The WVDL restricts the submissions of samples to veterinarians only. This limitation is based on the WVDL’s need
s for sample integrity, sample quality, and appropriate case history. In addition to veterinarians, the WVDL accepts poultry submissions from owners and submissions from certified fish health inspectors, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies. The submitter of accessions is billed for test services. The WVDL will not accept any cases with potential for litigation from out of state.
NOTE: WVDL no longer accepts ANY SMALL ANIMAL necropsy cases after hours. All bodies sent to the WVDL for pathology services MUST arrive prior to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday (no weekend deliveries possible). Please call ahead if arrival will be after 4:00 on those days or if there is a delay in transit so lab personnel can plan accordingly. WVDL regrets that we are no longer able to provide this after-hours option. Please contact us if you have questions regarding this change in service.
AFTER HOURS: The pathology out of hours phone 608-444-8912 is answered until 8pm on business days and 8am to 8pm on weekends and holidays. Please feel free to leave a message on this phone. In an animal health emergency, please see below for DATCP contact information:
- Monday-Friday 7:45am-4:30pm: 608-224-4872
- After Hours: 1-800-943-0003
- Email: email@example.com
UW VET CARE: Calls and inquires for other animal health emergencies, including emergency treatment of live animals can be directed to the School of Veterinary Medicine and the UW Veterinary Care 24/7 Emergency Services. (608) 263-7600
Specific inquiries can be sent to the email addresses listed below.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Questions for billing, accounts, and business services
- email@example.com: Requests for testing supplies and UPS shipping labels
- firstname.lastname@example.org: All electronic submission forms and spreadsheets
- email@example.com: All general inquires, specific questions will be routed for expertise as appropriate